Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

Hello Blogger World!! (really I mean hi mom and my few Facebook friends that follow me)

Sorry I have been MIA but I have been on to GO! As soon as summer hit I was like HEYYYY VACATION!! First I went home, which is only a 3 hour car ride through cow pastures, but I went there. I went there for what was supposed to be 3 days, and it turned into 10! THANK GOD I brought my diffuser with me or else I would feel naked.. For real though! I diffused Lavender every night and my sleep was never disrupted (which is always a challenge when out of town.) When I returned home   I had 3 days and then it was on an airplane to New York City!

So if you know me, you would know I HATE FLYING. I mean loathe it. If you could teleport that would be my method of travel ( I mean I guess it would be everyones method) but if you hate flying it would definitely be your method. So I hit the books, what was going to keep me calm and not clawing at my neighbor. First thing was first I upgraded to even more space (JetBlue might have the most leg room in coach, but that extra space, especially the front row helps BIG TIME) and then I packed ALL of my oils! ALL 15 of them in a ziplock baggie in my carry on! My go to for flying was this:
(this picture shows valor, really I have Valor II)

So when I boarded the plane I had a man next to me who was a veteran flier! I found him wiping his seat down with lysol wipes!! WHAT?? He asked me if I would like to have one for my seat, I said no thank you I came prepared and whipped out my bottle of Thieves. Before I started wiping my seat I placed a drop on my thumb and put it on the roof of my mouth to help with all the icky germs that you catch while flying. Then I put a few drops on my hands and rubbed them together and rubbed my seat down. The veteran flier seemed impressed that I was so prepared. He was even more prepared with a Publix sub and his own cookies, but hey no biggie!

Next I had to calm my nerves and since I boarded first I had some time before take off. I whipped out the Valor II and Lavender and rubbed those on my wrists and behind my ears. (I had a backup stash of nerve calming medicine in case this didn't work, but I didn't need it once.) Both of these oils have been known to having calming properties. I felt nice and relaxed right at take off!

Once we got in the air I get a bit of motion sickness this flight wasn't bad but I inhaled some peppermint and put a drop in my water to help with that. I didn't have a problem from there on on the rest of the flight. I just kicked backed put my feet up (you can do that in the front row because theres a wall in front of you) ate my blue chips and watched some TV while browsing free wifi! It was a pretty sweet flight. Before I knew it we touched down in NYC! I did all of the same things on the flight home as well!

While I was in New York my daily use of oils stayed the same, except I did not have a diffuser. I did get to share the oils with my sister and brother in law. He had very bad dry cracked feet (that kind of looked like they could be infected) so I looked up some things too do and I made him an awesome soak! I did warm water mixed with baking soda, thieves and lavender. He soaked for about 30 minutes and then lathered up with Eucerin Cream and covered them up in socks. It seemed to help, but like most men he did not keep up with routine! It was still awesome to show them that there are other ways to help your body than things that are not all natural for you.

I promise not to stay away for long this time! HAPPY JULY (AND HALF WAY THROUGH 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment